How good do these golden-brown smiley pancakes look in our replay divided plates?
Have you ever wondered how to get pancakes evenly brown? Ok well there is a trick, take a look at our tried-and-true method to get evenly golden pancakes every time.
Start by pre-reheating a non-stick pan until it has reached a high enough heat. When it is hot enough to pour the mixture in, have a wet tea towel laid out on a countertop nearby and take the pan off the heat and rest in on the wet towel for a couple of seconds so the heat even disperses across the bottom of the pan.
The trick is not use butter or oil in the pan, this will cause parts of the pancake surface to scorch and come out uneven. Let the dispersed heat and non-stick surface of the pan do all the work
Put the pan back onto the stove and the set the temperature to a moderate to low heat and pour in the mixture. Wait 2 - 3 minutes for the top of the pancake to bubble and when they begin to start to dry, they are ready to turn.
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook time:10 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 medium size pancakes:
Nutrition facts: 150 calories, 1.7 grams fat
- Self-Raising Flour – 200 grams
- Brown Sugar – 50 grams
- Milk – ¼ Cup
- Vegetable or Coconut Cooking Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Extract ½ Teaspoon
- Place the wet and dry ingredients into seperate bowls and mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the wet ingredients whilst whisking at the same time time.
- Continue to whisk until the mixture contains no lumps
- The consistency of the mixture should be easy to pour and not too runny.
- If consistency is too thick add 1-2 tablespoons of milk at a time to reach the desired consistency.
- Cook 2-3 minutes each side using the above method.
I like to butter the pancakes just as they come out of the pan for extra flavour and so the butter melts into the pancake.
Making pancakes for a Weekend breakfast is fun , get creative with some of these inspo themes.
The Hungry Caterpillar Pancake in Replay Plate
Easter Bunny Pancake in Replay Plate
Let us know your thoughts .. Will you be making pancakes this weekend ?