When I sit down to plan school lunches for the week, it can be difficult as I do not necessarily know what I am going to pack. I like the idea of planning ahead, so I do not have to rush in the morning and have everything organised.
I often look at what is left in the fridge searching for ideas? Part of my meal planning is making one big batch of Bolognese sauce and it got me thinking of some lunch ideas I use with leftovers
When I make a large batch of Bolognaise sauce , I usually buy a kilo of meat , 700 grams beef and 300 grams pork and two tins of tomato which is usually enough for 2 dinners for a family of four and a bit left over for lunches.
This is what I do for school lunches with the bit left over
Taco Bolognaise Boats
Great alternative to sandwich, you can load with veggies and perfect size for lunchbox! I used a packet of 12 mini taco boats
- 4 bolognaise boats
- Leftover bolognaise sauce
- Put about 2 - 3 table spoons of bolognaise sauce in the each taco boats
- Sprinkle corn and cheese on top
- Cook them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes until cheese melts
I also use the Taco Boat to make quiches which the kids love⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 8 taco boats
- 4 eggs
- Your choice of veggies and meat (bacon, broccoli, mushroom and cherry tomatoes in this one)
- Salt and pepper
- Chop up veggies and meat in small pieces and put them in the taco boats and sprinkle cheese on top
- Lightly beat the eggs with a dash of milk/cream, season with salt and pepper
- Pour evenly into the taco boats and cook them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes
You can freeze them as well Perfect for lunchbox or quick serve meal during school holidays!!Another Idea is to make pies, I usually do this with leftover bolognaise or taco mince.
Making some freezer meal for Daddy for the next 6 weeks when we are away ✈ Taco pie with leftover taco mince, salsa and...Posted by Baby Bento on Saturday, March 23, 2019
Do you have any Leftover ideas you would like to share? I would love to hear in the comments below.